How to Lose Weight with Eating Fast Food
Charles CarterGone are the days when fast food meant fat-filled food. As we, the consumers, have become more health conscious, fast food chains have responded by adding healthier alternatives to their menus. So you can add fast foods to your diet without necessarily running the risk of putting on lots of weight. If you don’t feel like cooking sometimes or just don’t have the time and need something quickly, you can go to a fast food restaurant without feeling guilty.
The movie “Super Size Me” might have put some people right off going to places like McDonalds. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the movie, the guy in it ate nothing but three McDonalds’ combo meals a day. This is about three times as many calories as the average person requires each day. Now, that’s definitely overdoing it!
But you can eat fast food and still restrict your calorie intake. Even if you choose one of the less healthy burgers, you can keep the calories down by skipping the fries or drinking water instead of soda. Mayo in sandwiches is another big calorie adder that you can probably survive without.
While eating fast food on a daily basis is still not a good idea, it can be incorporated into a healthy eating plan. LIVE’s Nutritional Plan can show you ways that you can add fast food to your diet and still increase your metabolism. The key to maintaining a good metabolism is to eat five small meals a day.
Below is a list of some of the fast food chains and a few of the more healthy choices they offer.
1. Grilled Chicken Classic Sandwich (no mayo)
2. Plain Hamburger3. Bacon Ranch Salad with Grilled Chicken4. Side salad instead of fries
1. Jr. Hamburger (no mayo)
2. Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich (no mayo)3. Plain baked potato with a small plain chili on top4. Fresh fruit bowl5. Low fat strawberry yogurt
1. Honey BBQ Snacker Sandwich
2. Honey BBQ Sandwich3. Chicken breast without skin or breading4. Sides of green beans, seasoned rice, or corn on the cob
1. Chicken Whopper Sandwich (no mayo)
2. BK Veggie Burger (no mayo)3. Fire Grilled Chicken Garden Salad
1. Baja Style Tacos: Charbroiled Chicken or Shrimp
2. Baja Ensalada: Charbroiled Chicken or Shrimp
1. 6″ Ham
2. 6″ Oven Roasted Chicken Breast3. 6″ Roast Beef4. 6″ Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki5. 6″ Turkey Breast6. 6″ Veggie Delight
As you can see, there are lots of healthy fast food choices. Just take some time to look at the menu next time you go in and see exactly what’s in each option.
Copyright (c) 2008 Charles Carter
LiveLeanToday.com offers discount prices on
ephedra diet pills
ephedra free thermogenics
, and more.